Diane Bassett is the principal of High
Value Marketing. She has 19 years of high tech sales and marketing
management experience with companies ranging from Fortune 500 companies
to startups. Her ability to strengthen strategy and address organizational
issues that interfere with execution are noteworthy. Shes
known for bridging the gap between a companys marketing and
sales programs to accelerate the sales cycle and increase revenue.
Her industry/domain expertise includes:
- Computer hardware all phases of the
product life cycle from product definition through obsolescence
- Broadband video streaming, video on demand,
- Application software including CRM, analytic
software, call center management, e-procurement, e-collaboration,
e-tailing and project management
- Database and infrastructure Software
- Internet infrastructure
- Financial services operations and marketing
- Construction industry (both EPC and AEC)
- Oil and gas industry
- Healthcare and biotech
Her functional areas of expertise include:
- Identifying and strengthening a companys
market position, including their unique differentiator and value
- Creating and integrating improved marketing
and sales messages into the entire sales process to increase revenue
- Creating or improving strategic marketing plans
to better align the marketing tactics with sales objectives.
- Lead generation and business development
- Strategic alliances and partners- identifying
objectives, identifying key target partners, recruiting and negotiating
the agreements, and developing business together.
- Comprehensive launches of products, services,
Responsible for market development at Bidcom
(now Citadon), a ecommerce provider to the commercial AEC and EPC
construction industry, Diane:
- Developed the company positioning to penetrate
the EPC segment of the commercial construction and engineering
- Managed strategic alliances, channel recruitment,
development and co-sales and marketing efforts.
While at Hewlett-Packard Diane led teams responsible
for the whole portfolio of marketing and sales functions. Responsible
for global account sales and business development at Hewlett-Packard,
- Was responsible for sales management and strategic
account planning for large international accounts worth over $800M/yr
revenue, including reseller, OEM and direct end-user business
- Led the business development of strategic alliances
for joint offerings including HW, SW, consulting and telecom services.
- Managed marcom and sales training
- Created and managed strategic alliances with
emerging technology vendors resulting in leveraged sales of over
- Managed press and industry relations for HPs
- Product managed (with P & L responsibility)
the line of video streaming servers designed for the emerging
- Helped create HPs first dealer channel
for its personal computer product line, including strategic planning,
program development and execution.
Responsible for market development at Blue Pumpkin
Software, a call center software startup, Diane:
- Helped quadruple revenues and increase the
customer base 300%.
- Lead the company repositioning from niche start-up
to market leader, culminating in the Gartner Group naming the
company one of the leaders in the workforce management space.
- Rebranded the company with new value propositions,
marketing themes, new website look and feel, and an installed
base customer retention program.
- Created all lead generation programs with lead
tracking and measurement and accelerated the sales cycle using
an integrated telesales and direct sales model.
- Lead the web strategy and marketing, including
an ASP business model
- Managed all product launch planning and execution
- Was responsible for all awareness and demand
creation, including all marketing communications: advertising
(both online and print), email newsletters and campaigns, direct
- Led sales process improvement (both direct
and indirect channels
- Managed all events: Trade shows, conferences,
users group speaking engagements and all other events
- Created marketing infrastructure for high scale
company growth, including redefining processes that were inefficiently
Diane also managed enterprise sales for two business services companies.
She has a BA from UC Santa Barbara.
Diane partners with Susan Dwyer and other
talented professionals to ensure the right background and resources
are brought to your engagement.
Susan Dwyer leverages her 18 years of
successful high technology marketing experience with leading companies
including Commerce One, Netscape, Microsoft, Tandem Computers and
- Was VP of Marketing at Commerce One where she
was responsible for Commerce Ones worldwide corporate marketing
and communications strategy
- Built the strategy and organization that helped
grow the company from a small start-up to a recognized leader
in the B2B e-Commerce market.
- Served as director of North American marketing at Netscape where
she created marketing strategy and programs
- Spent over five years at Microsoft in various channel marketing
- Spent over eight years in sales and marketing at IBM and Tandem
Susan also has a BA from UC Santa Barbara.